Thursday, July 14, 2005

Bad habits die hard

Spent $253 at Target last night. And I was doing so well! Went to Target at around 9 pm to pick up some file folders (so I can get all my financial documents in order) and came with $250+ worth of stuff. One thing I didn't buy? File folders!

On the other hand, I have made amazing strides in the world of personal finance. By my own standards that is. I have maxed out my 401k, started putting money into ESPP and set up a Roth IRA. I also rebalanced my portfolio and my return is up by almost 2%. Of course, these things go up and down all the time but it's extremely validating to see positive results.

Other than the Target binge last night I have actually been really, really disciplined. I even passed up on the new MAC stuff at Nordstrom! Woo hoo?

2 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Madame X said...

Target is dangerous!
Thanks for your comment on my blog too-- do you have your RSS feed enabled? I was trying to set yours up so I could check it in myyahoo...

 
At 7/14/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger mmb said...

No, I don't think so. How does one set up an RSS feed?

ps: I am banning myself from Target!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home