Friday, August 26, 2005

New Job + This & That

I just realized with a surprise that I haven't posted in a week. Guess I have been so busy that I didn't know how much time had passed. Since my last post I had two more interviews, wrapped up one project at work and started another, finished decorating my apartment (and came in $200 under budget), made some changes to my investments, found a condo (yes!!!!! brand new, in downtown Seattle and within my budget) and accepted a new job offer with that little company in Redmond that half the world loves and the other half hates. Well, okay technically I haven't accepted yet. We are negotiating. But they matched my current salary and offered a 3.5k sign-on bonus plus I want to get out of here so I have as much as accepted in my head.

Money spent this week = $353.75 ($185 on my cousin’s visit, $69.60 on groceries/misc household stuff, $3.20 on the new Lucky magazine, $36.16 on gas and $76.04 on the Creedence Clearwater Revival boxed set that I have wanted, oh, only since before I was born)

Money made/saved = $50 sharebuilder promo + $19 gas card through Great Fun + $100 Sony card offer + $200 (savings from decorating budget) + $30 (estimated savings by making my own bikinis -- oh yeah, I can make crochet bikinis. How's that for talent? The ones I wanted were $50 & I think I spent about $10 on supplies + an hour to make an identical pair so that's a $30 savings after subtracting an additional $10 for labor) = total savings $399.00

A busy week is a good week.

4 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 6:55 AM, Blogger Madame X said...

You can make a crocheted bikini in an hour? I am impressed!

 
At 8/26/2005 10:16 AM, Blogger mmb said...

Oh, knitting's easy. Once you figure it out. I figure it took me about 12 years to learn how to knit a scarf. Once I could keep the rows straight it became a piece of cake. Ok, maybe not that easy but I can do it while I am watching TV, talking to mom on the phone, cooking something on the stove. I'd say the 1 hour is pure labor time though.

 
At 8/27/2005 8:14 PM, Blogger Madame X said...

Oh, and congratulations on the new job.
I have this lifelong antipathy to all sorts of needlework-- I like the idea of making things, but I can't handle actually doing it. I have a friend who knits and she thinks it is hilarious that I can't bear to go into a yarn store with her! I have to stand outside and wait. I wonder if there is a name for this phobia.

 
At 8/31/2005 7:24 PM, Blogger mmb said...

I think I have the same antipathy to doing laundry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home