Saturday, September 03, 2005

I see the bad moon rising

I am in Victoria, BC. I was driving home from work yesterday, tired, exhilarated, sleepy, listening to a song on the radio and thinking of gas prices. The weekend stretched ahead of me filled with pleasant thoughts of old friends and new romances, of berbecues and sales. And then I was turning back towards my office, printing out the directions to Port Angeles and 4 hrs later I was here. I am not crazy, just a little unwell..

What I packed for the trip:

me
green crinkled silk cami from Target, blue jeans
light cream cardigan
under..things
1 wallet
1 purse
1 laptop bag
1 laptop (but not power cord)
Cell phone (but not charger)
Work id badge
A pack of gum (half finished)
1 hair pin
key ring with keys
2 receipts from earlier this week
credit cards
checkbook
driver’s license
Pen
Notepad
Hairbrush
Smith’s rosebud salve
Tarte blush stick
Adidas sport deo spray
watch
black kitten-heel pumps
a folded napkin with someone’s phone #
some loose change and $39 in US bills
pearl earrings
printout of driving directions to Victoria

and a whole bunch of CDs in the car.

No, I haven’t forgotten the people in New Orleans or my commitment to saving, or the condo in Seattle that I have to make a decision on soon. I haven’t forgotten about the presentation due next week or the fact that I need to renew my Norton anti-virus or the laundry sitting on top of the washer at home. I haven’t forgotten about my parents’ mortgage or the items I put up on eBay or that rent is due tomorrow. I haven’t even forgotten pythagoras’ theorem, Newton’s third law of physics or the symbol of Molybdenum. I just have something else to do today.

The price of my impairment so far:
$39.6 gas + $40 ferry + $60 hotel + $10 food + $5 toothbrush etc
$154.6 total

3 Comments:

At 9/03/2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Madame X said...

I think it's great that you just took off, and I hope you have a refreshing weekend.

 
At 9/03/2005 6:45 PM, Blogger Madame X said...

PS Molybdenum rocks.

 
At 9/05/2005 1:07 AM, Blogger mmb said...

It sure does! I had a great time. Hope you are enjoying yourself up in MA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home