Thursday, September 08, 2005

Things I should be doing this week

1. Booking tickets to Bangalore, India (my coworker is taking care of the package tour to the A&N islands from Bangalore. He sent out several package links and we picked one that we all liked. He's going to get everything negotiated, ordered, booked, printed out, filed and we just pay the travel agent. For the tickets to Bangalore we are each on our own because we are all travelling on different dates and that's where I really need to start shopping for deals soon)

2. Making a decision on the Seattle condo - due 9/12 (My decisions tend to be either spur of the moment or very deliberate. I have been pouring over the condo papers for a week now and have a whole sheet of pros and cons with an honest to goodness cost-benefit analysis to boot... And I am still no closer to making a final decision. If I can't make up my mind by the 12th then I will let the condo go and get my deposit back)

3. Looking for the lost traffic ticket - due ? (I don't know. I can't find it)

4 Comments:

At 9/08/2005 12:40 PM, Blogger Money Turtle said...

I think I know what you're going through! :) Maybe you can check with the sales manager to get a sense of the demand for the condos. If demand is good, they will quickly increase the prices. But it definitely is a tough decision. I've been breaking out the financial calculator and playing with various scenarios from good to bad...

Good Luck!!!

 
At 9/08/2005 1:14 PM, Blogger mmb said...

Demand is very high in this area. This is prime position even by Seattle standards, the price is good for what I am getting (not compared to houses out of the city limits but compared to condos in the area) and since these are brand new, maintenance cost should be low. My wishy-washiness comes predominantly from fear of being tied down. I feel the moment I buy it I will want to move to Uganda or something.

 
At 9/08/2005 2:52 PM, Blogger Money Turtle said...

Yeah... I've thought about that scenario as well. In my case it's going to take over a year to complete construction. If something changes, I can always sell or rent it out. So there are options if you decide to move to umm... Uganda??? :)

 
At 9/08/2005 11:50 PM, Blogger mmb said...

Uganda has lions. I have considered the selling option as well but I don't know. Renting out is not an option for me. Seems like too much hassle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home