Monday, September 12, 2005

To Buy or Not to Buy - Part 3

Money Turtle and Anonymous commented in To Buy or Not to Buy that the condo price wasn't too bad for Seattle. It's true. Similar condos in Seattle are going for 500k. Some of the preconstruction units are even priced as high as 750. And condos in the same building go up to a million or two. But how does it compare to what I have now:

My current apartment is a 654 sq ft loft/studio with a 3 by 8 deck and a great view. It has a nice long closet and a separate laundry area with full washer & dryer and some built in shelving for all my cleaning supplies. The bathroom and kitchen are both huge and have tons of storage space. The kitchen also has beautiful hardwood floors and all appliances (refrigerator, oven, dishwasher and microwave) + free emergency maintenance on everything. The actual sleeping/living area is only 287 sq ft so as you can tell most of the sq footage is eaten up by the kitchen, deck, bathroom, laundry room and this one long rather unexpected entrance hall that currently serves as my own personal art gallery, but that's not that big a deal except when I have guests. And even then, we manage.

I am currently on an 8-month special where I pay $950 for rent and parking after a $200/month discount. Similar apartments nearby go for $1300-1500.

2 Comments:

At 9/13/2005 10:42 AM, Blogger Madame X said...

I want to weep reading this. Can I have your apartment if you buy the condo? :)

 
At 9/13/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger mmb said...

Sure. Just move to Seattle. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home