Thursday, October 06, 2005

Whirlwind week

I spent the last 4 days on the road in 4 locations, 1 day per city. Hardly the most relaxing road trip ever but while it was tiring it was also a lot of fun at the same time. That is if you share my somewhat warped definition of fun.

We flew out to meet several tap customers (tap customers = customers who have agreed to use-test an early version of the product prior to its release) and presented some feature bundles at the end of which we got to collect customer sat surveys and responses. It was pretty cool. This is my first time doing something like this and the customer interaction part was totally fascinating.

But can I just say I am glad to be back home?

Technically, I am still on the road, or in a hotel room, but I get to fly back to Seattle tomorrow morning. My only remaining deliverable is a final draft report on the trip and I plan to stay up and finish that tonight so I can have a nice relaxing day at home tomorrow. Maybe make myself a margarita and listen to some slow jazz while doing absolutely nothing... although I am not sure that would be ethical since I am supposed to be working from home.

Anyway, I digress. The reason I logged in was to comment on the financial side of this week. My total expense this week was .. brace for it:

$0

That's the good thing about business travel. I spent over $4000 on my corporate Amex but it's all reimbursable so I haven't really spent anything out of pocket. A few more of these weeks and I will be a millionaire. Of course, I will also be dead from stress but at least I will be a dead millionaire. Is that something to aspire to?

4 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 11:19 AM, Anonymous henry said...

It could be, but you would probably fall short of your lifetime goal.

 
At 10/07/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger Madame X said...

$0, nice going!

 
At 10/10/2005 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If she invests the money wisely before she dies it could grow to 5 million in time.

 
At 10/12/2005 9:55 AM, Blogger mmb said...

There you go. Thanks anonymous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home