Monday, January 09, 2006

I resigned from my job today

It's like that guy everyone says you should be with. Your mom & dad think he's great, your brother looks up to him. All your friends say, "What are you doing? You should be with him." And you start thinking, maybe they're right. How can so many people be wrong? So you give it a try and then another and then another. And then one day you realize it's not going to work out.

Microsoft isn't the worst company I worked for or the best. The worst thing that happened to me in 4 months was that a couple of people ripped off a couple of my ideas, a mentor failed to acknowledge an accomplishment, things were a little disorganized and slow and my boss was a bit abrupt on occasions.

I have been through worse but I didn't hate it half as much.

8 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 6:17 AM, Blogger Madame X said...

Good for you-- you'll find something better.

 
At 1/10/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Money Turtle said...

Hey, sorry things didn't work out for you at Microsoft. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses and just move on...

Good luck!

 
At 1/10/2006 9:56 AM, Anonymous nyc money said...

Guess it's not such a great place to work.

 
At 1/10/2006 5:49 PM, Blogger Caitlin said...

If you went with your intuition something better is bound to come up now that you are open and ready for it. Just keep your eyes open!

 
At 1/10/2006 6:43 PM, Blogger mmb said...

Thanks for the supportive comments. Someone once told me, plans change. That's kind of how I feel. :)

NYC, in all fairness it's not a bad place. Depends on what you are looking for.

 
At 1/11/2006 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is only a positive step towards opening the next window. I'm excited and happy for you. Good Luck!

 
At 1/13/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger mmb said...

anonymous, thanks!

 
At 1/13/2006 11:02 PM, Anonymous Jonathan said...

Congratulations and best of luck on your next stage in life. Don't look back.

Onwards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home